• Packaging Update: Please be informed that effective from June 8, 2022, our tea packaging features a “Dog” design, in alignment with the Zodiac year. However, the quality and blend of the tea remain unchanged. The 2020 batch, which corresponds to the Zodiac Rat year, is temporarily housed in this new design. We anticipate reverting to our original packaging once it becomes available again.
• Heritage Wrapping Varieties: Originally, this tea was encased in four distinct wrappers, symbolizing the revered “Si Jun Zi” or “Four Gentlemen” in Chinese culture, representing “Mei” (Plum), “Lan” (Orchid), “Zhu” (Bamboo), and “Ju” (Chrysanthemum). Current purchases will include one of these traditional designs randomly, ensuring the same exceptional tea quality within each.
• Our Commitment to Your Experience: We hope you will appreciate both the tea and the selected wrapper, enhancing your tea experience with us.
About the Tea:
• Origin and Harvest: This Puerh tea, harvested in autumn 2020 from Mengku, a renowned tea region in Lincang, Yunnan province, China, embodies the rich heritage and quality of this locale.
• Visual and Tactile Quality: The tea is characterized by its long, robust threads and an abundance of fine silver hairs, indicators of its premium grade.
• Flavor Profile: Upon consumption, the tea reveals a pleasing huigan, or returning sweetness, and stimulates saliva production, indicative of its fine processing. It possesses a medium bitterness, complemented by a subtle astringency, creating a well-balanced and nuanced flavor.
• Tasting Notes: The tea leaves an enduring, pleasant flavor in the mouth, offering a refreshing and invigorating experience.
• Recommendation: Highly recommended for both novices exploring the world of Puerh tea and connoisseurs who favor young Puerh teas, this selection promises to offer a captivating introduction to the depth and variety of Puerh teas.
Great tea, nice package, promo sample included! Highly recommend! Unfortunately i payed tax because of delivery from China, what's made tea little bit expensive
Sweet and cheap, yet of course autumn, so don't expect fireworks. Though a pleasant drink.
This is a decent tea, especially considering the price.
I prefer teas with a stronger kicks, and this one failed to deliver that, even if it is fairly young. At the end, I decided to brew it longer, starting from 20 seconds and increasing brewing time for 20 seconds for each following infusion, and I managed to get out of it 6 cups that are up to my taste.
Recommended if you like smoother, rounded experiences from your cup.
For me, I need somethings that goes more directly to my head.
This tea is confusing. It is so delicious, so fragrant, and so inexpensive it makes me wonder how. And why. And when I will buy more.
Super clean and crisp young sheng. If you like MengKu area, you really can't go wrong with this autumn production. The tea has a great HuiGan without any harsh bitterness, but still has enough high pitched notes so it doesn't feel dull or flat in any way. You wouldn't be able to tell it's an autumn production from the mouthfeel and great depth in every cup.
The tealiquid is very clear and thick.
At this pricepoint I consider it a steal and it can easily compare with many other boutique teas!