Mainly used citrus:
- Little green citrus: It has stronger citrus flavor and aroma. More pungent and bitterer than big red one as below.
- Big red citrus: Made from naturally matured fruit with completely red skin. Sweeter than green one. More mellowness.
Selection and picking →Washing → Cutting holes for cap→Taking out pulp→washing again→airing→Putting into tea→Covering with cap→Drying→packaging.
- Regarding the step of drying before packaging, there are mainly 4 kinds of methods and each has different effect and slightly various flavor.
- 1) Complete sun drying: It costs 25 and even to 40 days according to the weather. The citrus flavor is almost fully preserved and it will come out gradually in future then be suitable for drinking and can be stored for a very long time to even many years under ideal storage condition.
- 2) In turn of sun drying and low temperature: Utilizing sunshine in fine day and drying machine kept on constant 45 Celsius degrees in other days and night time. It costs fewer time than 1st one but more electricity. The flavor and aroma are well preserved near 1st one.
- 3) Complete low temperature dried by machine: Utilizing machine mentioned above in the whole drying process. It costs shorter time than above two methods. But more energy source like electricity. The flavor and aroma are still be preserved but lost more during this process than former ones.
- 4) Complete high temperature dried by machine: Temperature is kept on 70-80 Celsius degrees during the full process. It costs the fewest time but more energy. Also it has higher flavor and aroma after completed and very suitable for instant consuming. But the flavor and aroma will disappear in a long run. So it loses meaning in a long time preservation.
The moisture is around 5-7% after being dried, so it just need to be stored in a dry place avoiding more moisture from environment.
Also it should be kept far away from light especially sunshine or higher temperature than general room temperature, because the citrus oil will volatilize away.
- Directly put the complete citrus ball into gaiwan and pour boiling water onto the larger hole on that every time. The steeping time can be longer or shorter according to your favorite flavor ever thick or light.
- Broke the citrus ball into smaller pieces then mix that with tea leaves equally then just take suitable amount for your session. Both the flavor and aroma of citrus and tea will be released faster than former method.
- Stab the citrus ball with tea needle then there will be more holes for water coming in and out. It will help the flavor and aroma of citrus and tea release faster than 1st one and still keep the ball complete.
Citrus mixed with puerh shou cha takes us a very unique flavor at first from citrus and later from shou cha.
It needs not to say there are some beneficial effect from citrus, but the taste and flavor make us fall in love with it so easily.
As a person who has no interest on these tea like me, from the beginning of hesitation to now a tea lover of this tea, please let me recommend it to every one even just has a try on tea sample. If you has ever been hurt by it from other channels, then I still hope you can have a try on this one. Because I have had similar experience with you.